The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) have finalised the revalidation process for nurses and midwives in order to remain on the register. As an integral part of our organization we would like to clarify and remind you of your obligation as a registered healthcare professional to ensure that your registration remains active.
As a member of the A24 Group your active registration is of the utmost importance to us and we would therefore like to raise the awareness of this process and offer our support.
What is revalidation?
Revalidation is the process that allows you to maintain your registration with the NMC. It is a continuous process to demonstrate your ability to continue to practice safely.
Every three years all nurses and midwives will be asked to apply for revalidation using the NMC online system as a means of keeping their registration active.
Completing the revalidation process is your responsibility as the registered nurse, however the A24 Group will assist where applicable.
What’s Required and how we will be able to offer our support:
450 practice hours for a nurse and midwife or 900 hours if practicing as both.
- Contract of registration which stipulates the total amount of hours you completed via the A24 Group.
- The letter of registration will stipulate your designation to confirm your scope of practice.
- Evidence hours of mandatory training conducted (where applicable) and/or store and supply all training certificates.
- Store and provide evidence of both participatory and online training completed via the A24 Group.
5 pieces of practice related feedback
- Annual performance appraisals feedback.
- Feedback from patients, service users and clients whom you have undertaken assignments with the A24 Group.
- Interview feedback from your interview with the A24 Group.
5 written reflective accounts
- Self-reflective feedback provided during the annual performance appraisals on your job role in its entirety.
- Reflection on feedback received post mandatory training sessions.
Health and Character Declaration
- Completion of the Occupational Health Medical Questionnaire and annual review form.
- Character reference to be obtained from a work colleague.
Professional Indemnity Arrangement
- As this is only reserved for internal employees, you are obligated to evidence you professional indemnity independently.
35 Hours of CPD (continuing practical development) with 20 hours being participatory learning (face to face/classroom based)
- Store and provide evidence of both participatory and online training completed via the A24 Group
The first registrants to be called upon to submit evidence of their portfolio would be in April 2016 (approximately). A sample of nurses and midwives will be selected at random to verify the declaration they have made and they will have to provide evidence according to the above required items.
We are assisting agency workers with appraisals, which can be used as part of your portfolio to submit for revalidation, as well as issuing you with feedback forms, which you can take to clients you are working at for the agency in order to get practice-related feedback. You can then send this back to us and we will load this onto your agency profile for safe keeping.
Ensure all evidence of client feedback is verifiable with either a stamp, letterhead or complimentary slip.
Also find links below for assistance with attaining the 35 hours CPD training required for revalidation.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any queries.
Contact Number: 0871 873 3326
Fax Number: 0871 873 3327